What is Home Staging?
Home staging is the art of decorating and/or furnishing a home or condo in order to prepare it for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to neutralize a home’s décor and to make it as appealing as possible to the highest number of potential buyers. Staging techniques focus on improving a property's appeal by transforming it into a bright, airy, lively, welcoming and attractive home that anyone might want to live in.
Did you know that on average, it takes a buyer roughly 30 seconds to decide if they are interested in a particular home? That is why creating a positive first impression is essential. Today’s purchaser expects to walk into a well showcased house. Anything less would be a disappointment. From the flow to the focal points to the emotional feelings that are created when they walk through the rooms for the first time, these are the crucial elements that need to be in place to motivate buyers to take the next step and make an offer. The goal is to enable buyers to envision themselves living in this home. A professionally staged home creates the “wow factor” for potential buyers, motivating them to buy your house over all the others. It helps to establish an instant connection with the home, one that will make them want to move right in!
Over the years, your home has become a reflection of you and your family. From your viewpoint, it has character, comfort and style. Everything is how you want it. Every picture, vase and photo on display tells a story and holds a special place in your heart. However, the way we live in our home is not the best way to market our home. When you’ve made the decision to sell, it’s time to turn your home into an appealing and marketable property. Your home becomes a product on the market and like any product, it must show to perfection in order to achieve an optimal sale price.
Having your house professionally staged before it goes on the market is necessary in most cases if one is looking to sell for the highest possible price. It gives you the competitive edge over other listings in your neighbourhood. Numerous studies have concluded that staged homes sell considerably faster, and for more money, than non-staged homes. Who can argue with that?
- Our staging consultant is on call in order to help prepare your home for sale, and show your home in its best light.
- Our clients benefit from the complimentary use of our quality artwork and accessories. We are here to make your staging experience effortless by handling all aspects of the staging process from rearranging furniture to de-cluttering to furniture rental and storage.
- We will provide you with important advice on what updates will give you the greatest return, and this includes a detailed list of recommendations along with a timeline to ensure that everything is completed in a timely manner.
- We can coordinate any necessary repairs, and can assist with painting jobs and any other forms of updating.
- According to recent surveys… Staged homes spend 83% less time on the market than non-staged homes
- A staged home will sell, on average, for 17% higher than a home that is not staged?
- Photos of professionally staged homes look better in print and web media. Over 90% of buyers decide what homes they want to look at based on online photos.
- Most buyers form an opinion about a home within the first 7-10 seconds of arriving.
- Professionally staged homes stand out in a prospective buyers’ mind.